Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Executive Chef
Location: Kelowna, BC
- We are looking for an Executive Chef for a potential new, multi-site account in Kelowna, BC.
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence” you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the culinary and retail food operations
- Driving Brand Standards and sales
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, development and cost controls
- Carry out food purchases and maintain proper inventory levels
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of 3 years related food service management experience
- Red Seal certificate
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and develop new products/lines
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Previous experience in the Higher Education sector (University/College)
- International style cooking experience (ex. South Africa, Asia, Caribbean...)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.