Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||New Brunswick [NB]
||Retail Manager (Proactive)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Retail Manager
Location: New Brunswick
- To successfully manage the retail foodservice operation at one of our University accounts
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, ordering, and sales collection.
- Responsible for meeting budgets and growing sales
- Responsible for the implementation of retail and marketing programs in your respective areas such as the Cafeteria, and Branded Concepts programs
- Accountable for staffing, scheduling, payroll, client and customer relationship building
- Ensures adherence to company sponsored retailing and purchasing programs
- Ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs
- Other duties may be assigned
- Food and supply ordering
- Monthly food, paper / supply and chemical inventory
- Ensure proper invoice control, receiving product, check off and put in invoice inbox
- Associate scheduling as per budgeted labour hours
- Maintains standards for sanitation and food handling in all areas
- Ensure all equipment is operating properly and contacts appropriate repair contractors when necessary
- Ensure standards are maintained for menu presentation and portioning
- Take and serve customer’s orders, during peak periods, as required
- May be required to open or close the unit depending on shift schedule
- Ensure that unit is always manned and supplies are fully stocked
- Request for training from head office / support teams as needed
- Daily / weekly / monthly cleaning schedules to be completed and documented
Customer Service / Associate Leadership:
- Provides superior example to associates for customer service
- Train and coach associates on your team
- Acknowledge and award top performing associates
- Responds immediately and professionally to all customer service issues
- Ensure all national and regional customer service programs are implemented
- Provide development plans to associates as required
- Annual performance reviews completed with direct reports
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2 years related management or supervisory experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Good knowledge of food and retail trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Ability to communicate and function successfully across all organizational levels
- Strong management skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Must have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word, basic accounting and e-mail
- Experience managing retail food brands
- Related post secondary education
- WHMIS, Advanced FST Certification (or will become Advanced FST certified within 90 days of assuming position)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.