Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager, Support Services (Healthcare - EVS)
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Crothall delivers facilities management and engineering, asset energy management, housekeeping, laundry and linen, call centre support and patient transportation. Crothall’s client base includes over 800 hospitals across Canada and the U.S.
Position: Manager, Support Services (Healthcare - EVS)
Location: Toronto, ON
- We are currently seeking an experienced and hands-on Manager of Support Services for our multi-services operations at Humber River Hospital in Weston/Toronto, ON.
- The Manager is responsible and oversees all relevant activities and staff of the Patient Transport, Environmental Services (clinical & core housekeeping), and Linen services with a specific emphasis on Infection Control and Occupational Health & Safety.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, our Manager:
- Conducts weekly Quality Assurance audits in all relevant areas and follow-up with the staff as needed.
- Reviews job routines, programs and systems for housekeeping to ensure Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Is responsible for financial management of the costs and expenses of the assigned areas of the operating budget.
- Scheduling major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform assigned tasks.
- Conducts regular inventory of supplies and orders same, keeping costs in line with approved budgetary amounts.
- Upkeep and preventative maintenance of the related equipment and assure a safe work environment for the staff.
- Interviews, selects, and evaluates facility personnel in accordance with Compass’ standards.
- Working with Labour Relations & Human Resources to ensure any realted issues are successfully resolved.
- Coordinates an annual training calendar for all housekeeping staff, implements and conducts training sessions based on needs
- Manages over 250 staff and ensures that all staff are appropriately trained in and follow Infection Control programs, Environmental Management programs, Recycling initiatives and other programs that are requested or implemented through our client.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Proven experience managing in healthcare Support Services (minimum 5+ years)
- Strong working knowledge of all healthcare housekeeping and Infection Control practices and procedures
- Previous management experience within a labour environment
- EVS training (OHA) level I and/or II
- Highly organized with solid time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent people-skills (customer and client relations)
- Flexible problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Solid financial management abilities
- Excellent computer skills using email, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Membership in a recognized Housekeeping Association (e.g. O.H.H.A).
- Previous experience with contract management services
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.