Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Food Service Director
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Food Service Director
Location: Markham, ON
- As a Food Service Director you will be responsible to successfully run the food services operations
- In this role you will be involved in all phases of the operation, planning, expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting
- You will be accountable for marketing, staffing, scheduling, and presenting fresh/creative ideas to management and the team to help improve operation and service
- Involved in catering; make sure everything goes smoothly for all parties involve, especially client
- Build and maintain client relationships. Meet with the client on a monthly and quarterly basis; make sure they are satisfied with everything
- Always provide top quality customer service to clients and to all internal and external contacts
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- You will coordinate frequent workplace inspections, Hazard Identification and reporting, Monitor Quality Standards, Monitor Short Service Worker program and training of associates
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef in food production and menu planning
- This position will report to the District Manager and will be responsible for supervising up to 20 associates
- Be a strong and hands-on leader; mentor & motivate the team
- Perform other duties as required
- 3+ years Food Service Management experience (contract food management is an asset)
- Worked in a unionized team environment; managing 15+ employees; labour relations involvement
- Financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs.
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player capable of thinking on your feet as well as multi-tasking
- Superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with high end clientele
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and decision making skills
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus notes
- Standards of Excellence – Ensure high standards for both food and customer service
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.