Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Food Service - Unit Manager
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Food Service - Unit Manager
Location: Timmins, ON
As the Unit Manager, you are responsible for assisting in all operational aspects of the unit including meeting company and client financial expectations and manage the day to day unit operation in the manager’s absence.
- Ensure unit is staffed properly when making the schedule, keeping in mind your daily budget target
- Assists and supports the training of new staff
- Complete Labour sheets accurately on a daily basis
- Review cash procedures and follow as per company policies
- Responsible for checking temperature (HACCP) logs up to date in each unit daily. Make sure, QA, health and safety and sanitation guidelines for all products are followed and adhered to company, provincial and federal guidelines.
- Ensure cleaning tasks are completed, in accordance with the responsibilities of the team
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
- Responsible for checking uniforms (clean and ironed), including hairnet, when associates start their shift
- Support and assist in the daily operations as required
- Reports and documentation must be accurate and filed
- Recognize achievement, promote a healthy and safe work environment for direct team of responsibility
- Communicate and interact with managers, associates, customers and clients in a professional manner
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of 3 years related supervisory experience in a food service or retail environment
- Experience supervising both Front of the House and Back of the House food service or retail operations
- Possess solid leadership qualities, multi-tasking skills and the ability to harmonize strong team work
- Committed to excellent service and customer satisfaction
- Creative thinker
- Hard working team player
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Red Seal Chef or equivalent
- WHMIS, Advanced FST Certification (or will become Advanced FST certified within 90 days of assuming position) and First Aid
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.