Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Law Clerk/Contract Specialist
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Position: Law Clerk
Location: Mississauga, ON
We are seeking an experienced Law Clerk to be part of our Legal group. Working from the corporate headquarters in Mississauga and reporting to the Vice-President and General Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all of Compass’ client contracts, including food service, facilities management and confidentiality agreements.
- Working with Corporate Counsel and other team members with contract drafting and negotiations
- Responding to contract requests from associates regarding review and interpretation of clauses
- Revising and finalizing legal templates; maintaining precedent database
- Processing of contract termination notices
- Maintaining accurate filing system, databases and checklists
- Organizing files, correspondence and documents related thereto
- Reviewing and preparing for execution forms of contracts and correspondence of a legal nature
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Three to five years of related work experience
- Law clerk or paralegal designation, as well as a good understanding of contract law and of law firm or legal department processes and systems
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills who possesses the confidence and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Works well independently and a positive team player
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to speak, read and write in French
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.