Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Finance & Accounting
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Finance and Accounting Department plays a very important role in managing and monitoring the company’s growth and success. Not only does it support day-to-day accounting activities for over 1800 operating units, but also it is involved in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and higher level strategic decisions.
Position: Collections Specialist
Location: Mississauga, ON
We are currently seeking a Collection Specialist to work in our Finance and Accounting Department located in Mississauga, Ontario. This highly motivated and results oriented individual will be involved in processing client payments into the accounting system. The successful candidate will report to the Accounts Receivable – Team Lead – Compass Canada Support Services Ltd.
- Reconcile account status using invoicing and payment activity analysis.
- Research and reconcile misapplied payments.
- Responsible for the daily cash receipts to the AR sub-ledger this includes EFT, CC & Cheques
- Prepare month end journal entries as required
- Resolve all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with clients or field operations.
- Follow up on collection calls with customers (external and internal).
- Prepare delinquent accounts for placement with outside collection
- Review open A/R for all assigned accounts and prioritize collection activities to maximize cash collections.
- Perform day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management of assigned collection accounts.
- Perform reconciliations for assigned accounts to maintain accuracy.
- Work with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
- Establish strong working relationships with operations to support collections efforts.
- Interface with Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
- Communicate via email, letters and phone conversations with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
- Monitor changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
- Audit and maintain customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A college diploma in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 3 + of credit/collections experience
- High level of organizational skills, integrity and accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills working with internal and external customers
- Experience in working in a high volume, multi-location, environment
- The ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Must have own vehicle and a valid Ontario Driver licence.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.