Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Toronto (North York)
||Assistant Manager, Retail Food Services
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Assistant Manager, Retail Food Services
Location: North York, ON
- We have a new opportunity for an Assistant Manager with our Retail Food Service operations at North York General Hospital.
- The Assistant works with the Manager and the Team to successfully manage over $2M in retail food service operations
- This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for overseeing retail units with approximately 35 associates.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Assistant Manager:
- Assists the Manager oversee the retail units which may include a variety of internal and external brands.
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing and leading a team of associates capable of providing great customer service.
- Responsible for the implementation of retail and marketing programs in your respective areas. You are accountable for menu planning, catering, staffing, scheduling, and production.
- Accountable for client and customer relationship building.
- Ensures strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- Responsible for directing and supervising the duties of the Retail Food Service Supervisor, if applicable.
- The operation runs 7 days per week, evenings and rotating weekends are required.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Solid supervisory experience (2-3 yrs min.) working with branded retail (QSR) food service concepts ie. Tim Horton’s, Pizza Pizza, etc.
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control and minimize costs (food & labour)
- Retail food marketing & merchandising experience
- Passion for Customer Service excellence
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid team player with an emphasis on customer-service
- Strong supervisory skills and with proven ability to motivate, lead and coach staff
- Superior client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including evenings and weekends)
- Previous experience managing in a unionized environment
- Post secondary education in a related field
- Basic, hands-on culinary/food production experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.