Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Unit Manager - HBC downtown
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Position: Unit Manager
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- We are looking for a driven and innovative Unit Manager to successfully manage the retail foodservice operation at our HBC account.
- This role will report to the District Manager
- Typical working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30 with occasional overtime/weekend
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting
- Responsible for meeting budgets and growing sales
- Responsible for the implementation of retail and marketing programs in your respective areas such as the Cafeteria, Catering services and Branded Concepts programs
- Accountable for menu planning, staffing, scheduling, client and customer relationship building
- Ensures adherence to company sponsored retailing and purchasing programs
- Ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs
- Other duties may be assigned
- Food and supply ordering
- Monthly food, paper / supply and chemical inventory
- Ensure proper invoice control, receiving product, check off and put in invoice inbox
- Associate scheduling as per budgeted labour hours
- Maintains standards for sanitation and food handling in all areas
- Ensure all equipment is operating properly and contacts appropriate repair contractors when necessary
- Ensure standards are maintained for menu presentation and portioning
- Communicates as required with District Manager and any other support members
- Take and serve customers' orders, during peak periods, as required
- Cashiering duties during peak periods, as required
- May be required to open or close the unit depending on shift schedule
- Ensure that unit is always manned and supplies are fully stocked
- Request for training from head office / support teams as needed
- Daily / weekly / monthly cleaning schedules to be completed and documented
Customer Service / Associate Leadership:
- Provides superior example to associates for customer service
- Train and coach associates on her / his team
- Acknowledge and award top performing associates (HERO Awards, Be A Star, etc...)
- Responds immediately and professionally to all customer service issues
- Chair daily pre service meetings and post notes
- Ensure all national and regional customer service programs are implemented at all times
- Provide development plans to associates as required
- Annual performance reviews completed with direct reports
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
Must have a thorough understanding of basic accounting, Microsoft office; Excel, Word and e-mail Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) Experience managing in a unionized environment Post secondary education plus a minimum of 3 years related management or supervisory experience in a fast paced food service environment Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation Ability to communicate and function successfully across all organizational levels Experience with high-end, cutting edge, scratch food production for catering functions is a must Strong management skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.