Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef Manager (Back of House Manager)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Chef Manager (Retail Food Services)
Location: Kingston, ON
- We are looking for a results-oriented Chef Manager to take a proactive, hands-on role in assisting our managing our retail operations at Kingston General Hospital in Kingston, ON.
- This role manages the back of house and is a combination of management responsibilities as well as hands-on production and preparation.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef Manager is responsible to,
- Lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Provide timely responses to catering requests from small meetings to larger events
- Support proper staffing of the operation including hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- Actively participate in client feedback to address any questions or issues related to potential concerns or issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and customer satisfaction
- Manage approx. 5 to 10 associates
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Formal culinary training plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years related management experience in a fast-paced branded food service environment
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current QSR food items and presentations to food service operations
- Hard working, results-oriented & hands-on team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work may be required)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and demands
- Basic proficiency with computers (POS systems, MS Office etc.)
- Red Seal Chef Certificate or equivalent is preferred
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) or will complete AFST within 90 days of hire
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.