Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Food Service Director
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Food Service Director
Location: Regina, SK
We are currently seeking a Food Service Director at University of Regina, Regina Saskatchewan. Chartwells will be providing food services to over 12,000 students and faculty staff to seven food service units within the campus. Our operating units cater to both students and staff in a variety of food services and programs such as Quiznos, Tim Hortons and various in-house programs.
This position will report to the District Manager and has 4 to 5 direct reports with 60+ unionized associates. This operation runs 7 days per week and you are required to work some evenings and weekends as per business needs.
- Manage $3.5M+ retail food service operation.
- Accountable for all catering and conference functions at the Campus.
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- Implement different retail and marketing programs in the operation which includes internal brand and branded concepts programs.
- Accountable for menu planning, staffing, scheduling, client and customer relationship building.
- Ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- Oversee several renovation projects.
- Post secondary education plus minimum 3 years related food service management experience in college and university environment.
- Experience working in a branded retail foodservice setting with strong front of house retail skills.
- Strong experience in dealing with labour relations issues is a must.
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs on a weekly basis.
- Experience in facilitating and project managing renovation in food service operation.
- Experience in menu planning and execution within a retail type environment.
- Experience with food service catering and conference services.
- Retail marketing experience.
- Experience working with branded concepts i.e. Quiznos, Tim Hortons etc.
- Strong supervisory skills and capable to motivate, lead and develop staff.
- Superior client relations and retail customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of POS System and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Culinary background.
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.