Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
The Marquise Group Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Overview: You have a 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate with at least 5 years experience and have built up a good working knowledge and understanding of maintaining a safe work environment by adhering to safety standards, practices and procedures. You can ensure the maintenance of various aspects of a commercial property. You are a self starter with a demonstrated work ethic. You are customer service focused, computer literate and organized. Being a part of this team, you will bring with you a ‘can-do’ attitude, people leadership skills, be an energetic solution finder and enjoy communicating with a variety people from varying cultures.
Maintaining the property, addressing priorities and ensuring the site is safe and clean is no easy feat and it’s not just the technicalities; it’s the approach and attitude. A proactive attitude with a focus on providing great customer service is a key to this role. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the operational equipment like HVAC and emergency power generation systems, including vendor cost controls and management. This includes all required maintenance to maintain designed building systems at peak operating efficiency. You will also handle tenant service requests and unscheduled work orders on a regular basis.
The successful candidate is responsible for the effective operation of the environmental, mechanical and electrical operational systems including but are not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, major refrigeration systems, electrical lighting and distribution, and water treatment.
- Operate HVAC systems, emergency power generation, UPS systems
- Understand building controls through automation
- Perform light plumbing, electrical repairs
- Complete work order requests
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on manufacturers recommendations and operating manuals
- Participate in all predictive and preventative maintenance tasks
- Perform water testing and treatment on open and closed loop systems
- Prioritize and perform occupant service requests
- Evaluate processes and systems to make improvement recommendations
- Train, coach and development of associates
- Sound financial analytical skills
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Certificate in Power Engineering (4th Class preferred) complimented by 5 years in building and facility operations.
- Minimum 2 years managing/supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline
- Requires knowledge and experience with electrical distribution, building automation systems, pneumatics, and using a CMMS System to assist in the performance of the above duties and will also be required to use a variety of computer software systems to perform the above duties.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment with people leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including meeting presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Be strongly self motivated
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Large facility experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.