Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Human Resources/Payroll Administrator
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Human Resources/Payroll Administrator
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off with lodging and food accommodations provided and a travel allowance.
Provide Human Resources administrative and payroll support to the project and/or Manager. Duties include Human Resources, payroll, clerical, and project based work.
- Confirm paperwork is prepared accurately and timely in accordance with operations manual, client, and corporate requests
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard
- Record and/or monitor staff hours of work on a daily basis to ensure compliance with budgets, and provide to payroll weekly
- Investigate and report on any payroll discrepancies
- Provide weekly payroll report to Senior Accountant for forecasting
- Quarterly QBR reports
- Coordinate staffing, scheduling, and crew change
- Coordinate new hire packages including BackCheck reference procedures
- Updated and maintain an accurate site seniority list
- Assist ESS crews as needed to support the project, to include boosting morale of crew
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office
- Perform administrative support and general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing for Operations Managers
- Complete STD forms for unionized employees as requested
- Maintain required communication with union office in regards to Dispatches, RTW dates, termination slips, medical leaves etc.
- Update and maintain the integrity of active, inactive and terminated employee files
- Develop offer of employment letters as needed
- Participate as needed in investigation interviews
- Data and information collection and preparation for arbitration and grievance cases
- Perform all duties in the safest possible manner and report all incidents and health &safety concerns to the supervisor or manager
- Assist with administering criminal background checks and assist in preparing hire, disciplinary and termination letters
- Provide administrative case intake management and appropriate distribution of work
- There will also be involvement in special projects and events
- Perform other duties as required
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2+ years HR Administration experience
- Diploma in Human Resources or Administration
- Comfortable working rotational shifts (20 days on, 10 days off)
- Previous experience working at remote sites (an asset)
- Great administrative skills; experienced and comfortable in doing data entry, filing, reporting, etc.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive with a "can do" attitude!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.