Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Housekeeping Manager (Albian Village)
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Housekeeping Manager
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotation: 20 days on and 8 days off with accommodations provided along with flight subsidies.
Operates the departments under his or her control in the most efficient manner possible through effective application and enforcement of company policies, the use of methods described in standard operating procedures, and the use of sound management principles. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the cleanliness of guestrooms and public areas assigned to the housekeeping department. Accomplishes assigned tasks through proper training, motivation, and supervision of all personnel assigned to housekeeping, Utility and Janitorial staff.
- Develops plans, actions, and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of the department. Reviews and approves schedule changes with the Head Camp Attendants on the housekeeping schedules, taking into consideration percent occupancy, time and use of facilities, and related public specialty areas and events.
- Organizes, the housekeeping department using the housekeeping team concept, with each housekeeper cleaning room sections.
- Develops, maintains, implements and tracks inspection program for all public areas and guestrooms to ensure that proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained as set out by the KPI’s, SLA’s, OPEX and HSEQ. Coordinate the operation of the housekeeping department in the property to guarantee minimum disruption in the overall operation.
- Develop and maintain budgets for the housekeeping department to ensure that it operates within established costs while providing maximum service.
- Establishes a training program within assigned departments that will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled from within the department.
- Is constantly alert for newer methods, techniques, equipment, and materials that will improve the overall operation of the departments and will provide a more efficient operation at reduced costs.
- Stimulates within all employees a friendly and cheerful attitude, giving proper emphasis to courtesy in contacts with guests and other employees.
- Administers time sheet control over all assigned hourly employees.
- Maintains strict inventory and purchase control over all controllable items.
- Develops job descriptions for all members of assigned staff.
- Serves as expediter on special projects assigned by the AGM or the GM.
- Communicates freely and effectively with assigned personnel, continuously passing on to assistants and subordinates any information necessary to make them feel included in the overall operation of the property. Reiterates, if necessary, the objectives toward which senior management are striving to achieve.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals on time, showing objectivity and sincerity. Employees should be personally counselled toward improvement. Coordinates with the AGM concerning the termination of any employee.
- Maintains control of linen rooms, storerooms, new linen, and cleaning supplies, ensuring adequate security and supply.
- Is responsible for the proper scheduling of the department, keeping in mind the forecast of daily/weekly occupancy.
- Investigates all HR concerns, statements provided, and performance issues.
- Works closely with Walking Job Steward – communications regarding new policies, procedures, HR investigations, employee concerns, etc.
- Maintains a positive Health and Safety environment, attends daily tool boxes, leads incident investigations, reviews FLHA’s, review JSA’s and ensure they are communicated to associates.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3+ year experience in housekeeping supervision or management; preferably someone with experience dealing with 500+ rooms
- Great housekeeping knowledge and practices, technology, cleaning methodologies, etc.
- Worked in a (high volume) remote camp environment is a great asset to have
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to walk distance and use stairs
- Experience with a unionized workforce
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.