Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Finance Clerk
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp –Finance Clerk
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off; accommodations and travel allowance provided
- Provide rotation relief for AP clerk, Retail Manager, and Senior Accountant
- AP relief - sorting, processing of Supplier's invoices, and data entry of same
- Handling supplier inquiries and follow-up
- Processing of mail in and out of office
- Retail Manager relief: cash handling, preparation of daily deposits
- Preparation and entering of daily sales information for Retail units
- Monitoring of supply orders
- Senior Accountant relief: run and send required weekly reports
- Manage Petty Cash disbursements
- Manage Cash Float
- Prepare reports for Senior Managers and client when Finance Manager is off site
- All other finance duties as assigned
- Administrative support to senior management team
- Data entry for payroll (both hourly and salary), and reporting of results.
- Handle associates payroll concerns
- Epay support for site managers
- All other duties as assigned
Candidate must be a team player. Rotational structure means that there will always be 1-2 members of the team away at any given time, so ability to handle secondary functions is essential.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Formal education in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 years of payroll experience desired, not essential
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook and Word
- Needs to be highly organized, prioritize work, multi-task, and work in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to live in a Remote camp environment and work a Rotational schedule.
- Drivers license
- Remote site experience
- JDE experience, SAP experience, audit & analytical experience, full cycle accounting experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.