Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Director of Support Services
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Marquise Hospitality a Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Position: Director of Support Services, Marquise Hospitality
Location: Surrey, BC
Overview: The person in this role will be responsible for providing supervision and direction for staff in the Food, Housekeeping, Laundry Services & Retail Café in an Assisted Living & Residential Care setting.
To be successful in this role, you must be a champion of change and innovation by stimulating others and encouraging new ideas, as well to be a coach and develop others by assessing strengths and development areas of your direct reports.
- Ensuring open communications, adhering to all policies and procedures, and maintaining a high level of confidentiality of all resident information.
- Supervise and lead employees in the Food Services, Housekeeping, Laundry and retail departments to provide superior services.
- Achieve food and housekeeping audit standards.
- Manage site budget
- Labour relations and human resources management
- Scheduling staff to meet needs of residents, clients, and financial goals
- Ensure all company policies and procedures and other legislated guidelines (food safety) are followed
- Client relations
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of five years experience leading and directing a team in a related field.
- Intermediate level of expertise with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients and customers
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving, organization and coordination skills
- Excellent leadership, coaching and supervisory abilities
- Positive energetic personality.
- Professional appearance and demeanour.
- BC Food Safe certification, level 2 preferred
- Certification with Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) or be eligible to write the exam. Candidates who do not have the designation must be willing to enroll into the Food and Nutrition Management Program.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.