Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Nova Scotia [NS]
||Food Service Director (maternity leave)
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Food Service Director (maternity leave contract)
Location: Acadia University - Wolfville, NS
We currently have a great opportunity for a proven manager with a passion for people and customer service as a Food Service Director at Acadia University in Wolfville, NS.
With a 'can-do' attitude and a 'passion for excellence', the FSD oversees the day-to-day operations of all the food services operations including, Catering, Conferences, Residential Dining, Retail and Concessions.
In this university, we serve to over 3000 students and faculty staff in two food service operating units plus student residence.
These units operate under a variety of brand names and programs such as On The Go, Pizza Pizza, and Quizno's.
We also provide catering and banquet services on campus, food service to summer camps and conferences.
With annual sales of over $5M, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated, energetic individual with the ability to successfully manage retail dining.
- Be involved in all phases of operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- Accountable for menu planning, marketing, staffing, scheduling and client and customer relationship building.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- Have five direct reports comprised of the Executive Chef, Residential Manager, Catering Manager, Retail Manager and Office Manager.
- Manage, coach and lead a team of over 120 unionized associates.
This position reports directly to the District Manager.
Required (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great attitude!
- 5 years related management experience in a volume, fast-paced multi-unit food service environment
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations
- Proven management skills and a strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail-oriented individual and a strong team player
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience managing general labour (unionized and non-unionized)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Related food service management experience in College and University environment
- Red Seal culinary designation
- Previous experience with renovations/refurbishment projects
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.