Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef Manager, Retail Food Services
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
||Position: Assistant Manager, Retail Food Services
Location: Oshawa, ON
- We have an immediate opening for a ChefManager with our Retail Food Service operations at Lakeridge Health in Oshawa.
- We are looking for a results-oriented Chef Manager to take a proactive, hands-on role in managing our retail operations at a high profile healthcare facility.
- The Chef Manager role is a combination of hands-on production and preparation as well as management and administrative responsibilities
- This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for overseeing retail units with approximately 15-20 associates.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef Manager is responsible to:
Lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels handling all catering requests.
- Assist the Retail Manager in hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- The successful candidate participates in client meetings with the Manager to any address questions related to food services issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- You will ensure HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
- The operation runs 7 days per week, evenings and rotating weekends are required.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Formal culinary training plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years related management experience in a fast-paced branded food service environment
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current QSR food items and presentations to food service operations
- Hard working, results-oriented & hands-on team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work may be required)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing work priorities
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Red Seal Chef Certificate or equivalent is preferred
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.