Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Marquise division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Location: Lacombe, Alberta
Days & Hours of work: Hours will vary between 7am to 6pm (8 hour shift). Every second weekend will be required to be worked.
Reports to: Director of Hospitality
Overview: We are currently seeking a dynamic Cook for a high profile location located in Lacombe, Alberta. With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, you will responsible for the day to day food production.
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, you will responsible for the day to day food production.
- You will prepare a variety of meals using state of the art equipment in a newly constructed kitchen.
- With focus on quality and presentation, you will be responsible for assisting in the leadership of the kitchen, training and development of the culinary department and for providing quality food and service to both internal and external guests. With the goal of building this centre to be the leading venue of choice, the Chef Supervisor/Cook will lend a solid knowledge of current culinary trends and menu enhancement, the desire to constantly raise the bar in terms of quality and inspire a team of culinary artists.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations. You will ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
The successful candidate will have a strong background, knowledge and experience with the following:
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Ability to process changing information and be proactive in addressing timing and dietary concerns.
- Be a culinary artist with a flare for design and layout
- Will efficiently and effectively run the kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post-secondary education plus a minimum of 2 years related culinary experience
- Hardworking team player
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work may be required)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Red Seal Chef Certificate or equivalent is preferred
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.