Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Catering Manager
Location: Regina, SK
We currently have an opportunity for a Catering Manager in Regina, SK. This position supervises catering associates and reports to the Food Service Director. Working evenings and weekends are required in this position.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of catering services on campus including banquets, luncheons, coffee services, venue room and AV booking and other various special functions yearly, ranging in party size from 10 to 200 or more guests.
- Accountable for all booking, coordinating and following-up on all catering events.
- Ensure specifications and requests of each catering event are communicated and executed down the channel effectively.
- Ascertain good client relationship and guest satisfaction are maintained.
- Involve in reviewing sales contracts, ensuring invoices are inputted correctly and reconciled if required
- Schedule and allocate staff, as well as prepare payroll information to be sent to head office.
- Responsible for ascertaining new business and retaining existing business
- Post secondary education plus minimum 3 years related experience in high-end catering and food service environment
- Proven financial management skills
- Strong supervisory skills and capable to motivate, lead and develop staff
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work is required)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of various room set ups and décor and AV
- Knowledge of Catertrax catering software program
- Experience working in an international food service provider providing food service to educational institutions.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.