Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Chef Manager
Location: Oakville, ON (Sheridan College)
- We are currently looking for a Chef Manager for Sheridan College in Oakville.
- Sheridan College in Oakville serves over 3000 students and faculty members and includes the following food service operations: Subway, Thai Express, International Flex, Soup Emporium, On-the-Go, Healthy Eating, Harvey’s, 2mato, Tim Horton’s, Second Cup and Impressions Catering.
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development
- Involved with all catering/conference events on campus
- Assist in production, hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction
- Responsible for directly managing 6 associates
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Ensure HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) standards are followed in the food preparation process
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Sound knowledge of financial management including the ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations
- Hotel/banquet experience
- Hard working, hands-on team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing work priorities
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and comfortable learning new programs
- Ability to work independently
- Related food service management experience in College and University environment
- Red Seal Culinary Certification
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.