Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Food Services Manager
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Marquise Group Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
|Position: Food Services Manager
Location: Nanaimo Seniors Village
Overview: Currently we are looking for a Full Time Food Services Manager for one of our healthcare operations in Nanaimo. The Chef Manager is accountable to ensure the efficient operation of all Food Services at the facility. This encompasses the administration, staffing/scheduling, recruiting, client/customer relations, supervision of staff, supervision and quality control of production. Previous experience and knowledge of healthcare systems is required. Strong customer service skills and commitment to providing outstanding service is essential in leading for areas of the Food Services operation. It is the responsibility of the Manager to ensure that all food service departments operate in accordance with all Company & Facility standards, policies and procedures.
- The Manager is responsible for monitoring and evaluating meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity of all meals and snacks. It is the responsibility of the Manager to develop and maintain a strong knowledge of resident preferences and incorporate these preferences into service delivery.
- Facilitate ongoing communication with all stakeholders in the facility including administration, nursing, residents and their families and staff.
- Ensure all quality controls are met for all products and services delivered to the Residents and their Guests.
- Order of all products in accordance with Compass Groups buying specifications.
- Maintain inventory control and complete all financial reporting according to the Compass Group fiscal schedule. The Manager will maintain appropriate budgetary and cost controls and provide operational reports to the District Manager as required.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate staffing levels are provided to all service areas as required. Duties include supervision of all food service staff and HR/LR related duties including, but not limited to; recruiting, education & training, scheduling and discipline of all food service staff as needed.
- Build and maintain a strong Food Service Team and carry out all training and Human Resource Programs implemented by Compass Group. This will include regular performance appraisals, compliance with all personnel file requirements and ongoing maintenance of such programs.
- Implement and control a Food Safety Plan that incorporates all Quality Assurance measures including but not exclusive to HACCP, WHIMIS, and all WCB regulations. The Manager will be required to comply with the Company Audit procedures and schedule.
- The Manager will act of the primary liaison with the on-site client.
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested by client, including attendance at Resident Council Meetings and Family Meetings.
- Complete period operating report summaries and other reports requested in a timely and accurate manner.
- From time to time the Manager may be asked to attend functions, training seminars, and meetings as requested by the Company and/or client.
- The Manager will work with the on-site Client or designate, to develop and assist in the implementation of special events and programs as required.
- Develop and implement a cleaning schedule for the food services department, including the maintenance and cleaning of kitchen equipment, and general cleaning of the dining room and kitchen. This schedule will be developed in conjunction with the Housekeeping Department.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
- Minimum 1 year Supervisory or Management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to successfully control all operational costs to meet or exceed budget
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to complete weekly and monthly financial operating reports as required
- Food Safe Level 1 certification received within the past 3 years
- Minimum 1 year cooking experience. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to control quality in all areas of food service including; accuracy in production levels, meal planning and preparation, presentation and service skills
- Plans and controls preparation and cooking schedule to ensure that food is prepared and service is provided at specified times.
- Ensures control of portioning and ingredients as per recipes and production requirements
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Maintains inventory control and orders all food, paper, cleaning supplies and other supplies as required by the operation
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ensures compliance with all Company and Client policies, procedures and standards
- Must have a positive attitude and a genuine desire to deliver service excellence
- Performs job duties based on established objectives, standards, policies and procedures, and in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement between Morrison and the Client
- Minimum 1 year Supervisory or Management experience in a Care, Independent Living or Assisted Living Facility setting
- Advanced Food Safe certification received within the past 2 years
- Designation or Certification in a Culinary program
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets, texture modifications and nutritional supplements
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.