Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Unit Manager (Food Service)
Location: Windsor, ON
- Managing 15+ associates
- Responsible for the overal unit operation (front and back)
- Ensure strong client relationships and satisfactions are maintained
- Food cost and ordering; inventory and financial management
- Assist with marketing, staffing, and scheduling
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- You will coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
- Catering and assisting with cooking when required
- Perform other duties as required
- 3+ years food service management experience (front and back/kitchen)
- Experience working in a unionized environment (an asset)
- Proven people and financial management skills
- Ability to control product and labour costs
- Culinary experience and training
- Food Safety Certification
- On your feet thinker
- Decision making skills
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Ability to multitask
- Well-developed computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- Superior client relationship skills
- For bank deposits, will require access to vehicle
- Great attitude!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.