Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager, Vendor Certification (Food Safety)
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Manager, Vendor Certification (Food Safety)
Location: GTA (Home Office)
- We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Manager of Vendor Certification to lead and manage Compass Group’s supply chain quality assurance program
- The successful candidate will have a strong focus on safety, legality and quality of purchased food, non-food services and packaging materials from our vendors and suppliers
- Develop, implement, maintain, reassess and update the Compass supply chain quality assurance standards, procedures and processes; and vendor/distributor standards and expectations with respect to food safety and regulatory compliance.
- Certify New Vendors and conduct yearly recertification activities
- Investigate and resolve vendor-related food safety complaints
- Monitor vendor product specification compliance
- Provide food safety technical expertise; Conduct risk assessment and provide required support to operations and purchasing in the event of food recalls
- Maintain and communicate vendor food safety metrics - use data to drive continuous improvement with vendors and to trigger compliance actions with underperforming vendors.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science in Food Safety or related field.
- 5 years progressive experience in food safety and supply chain
- Ability to conduct food safety and quality management systems audits of food manufacturing plants and distribution facilities
- Full understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative’s benchmarked food and packaging schemes
- Thorough knowledge of federal food safety regulations
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong organization skills and self-motivated
- Project management skills
- A valid driver’s licence
- Experience within food service/facilities management environment preferred
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.