Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Supervisor, EVS & Support Services (Healthcare)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Crothall delivers facilities management and engineering, asset energy management, housekeeping, laundry and linen, call centre support and patient transportation. Crothall’s client base includes over 800 hospitals across Canada and the U.S.
||Position: Supervisor, EVS & Support Services (Healthcare)
Location: Humber River Regional Hospital, Toronto, ON
- We are currently seeking a Supervisor (Housekeeping / EVS, Patient Transport & Linen) to assist in the supervision of unionized service employees at Humber River Regional Hospital, Finch site, for afternoons and rotating weekend shifts.
The primary mandate of the Supervisor is to ensure the highest quality, safety and patient well-being as it is affected by the housekeeping, linen and environmental service teams.
This role supervises all aspects of Clinical and Core Housekeeping onsite, staff scheduling which include but not limited to, generating the master schedule, calling in replacement staff as needed, creating daily sign-in sheets, managing time-off requests and managing / updating the payroll system.
- The Supervisor is also responsible for effecting customer service inquiries and client communication
- Successfully coordinating Patient Flow, working with all levels of the facility staff to achieve this mandate.
- Coordinating project cleaning work to ensure that proper frequencies are maintained
- Participating in staff selection process, interviewing candidates as needed and also will ensure that staff receive proper orientation and ongoing training education, monitoring and coaching.
This position requires afternoons, 3:00pm to 11:00pm shifts and rotating weekends.
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Supervisory experience in a large volume, fast-paced unionized environment.
- Results-oriented, strong work ethic, intense drive for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Well-organized and with the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff.
- Ability to thrive in high pressure environment
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Solid computer proficiency
- Strong knowledge of healthcare Environmental Services practices and procedures.
- Membership in OHHA (Ontario Healthcare Housekeeping Association)
- OHA training in EVS level I or II, or PHH certification
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.