Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant Manager, Retail Food Services
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Assistant Manager, Retail Food Services
Location: Oshawa, ON
- We have a new opportunity for an Assistant Manager with our Retail Food Service operations at Lakeridge Health in Oshawa.
- The Assistant works with the Manager and the Team to successfully manage over $2M in retail food service operations
- This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for overseeing retail units with approximately 35 associates.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Assistant Manager:
- Assists the Manager oversee the retail units which may include a variety of internal and external brands.
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing and leading a team of associates capable of providing great customer service.
- Responsible for the implementation of retail and marketing programs in your respective areas. You are accountable for menu planning, catering, staffing, scheduling, and production.
- Accountable for client and customer relationship building.
- Ensures strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- Responsible for directing and supervising the duties of the Retail Food Service Supervisor, if applicable.
- The operation runs 7 days per week, evenings and rotating weekends are required.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Solid supervisory experience (2-3 yrs min.) working with branded retail (QSR) food service concepts ie. Tim Horton’s, Pizza Pizza, etc.
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control and minimize costs (food & labour)
- Retail food marketing & merchandising experience
- Passion for Customer Service excellence
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid team player with an emphasis on customer-service
- Strong supervisory skills and with proven ability to motivate, lead and coach staff
- Superior client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including evenings and weekends)
- Previous experience managing in a unionized environment
- Post secondary education in a related field
- Basic, hands-on culinary/food production experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.