||Remote Camp – Maintenance/Facilities Manager
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp – Maintenance/Facilities Manager
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds by performing the following duties. Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of living quarters and offices by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Supervises staff to ensure the highest sanitary standards are maintained in all areas of responsibility in accordance with company, client, and governmental requirements.
- Ensure staff compliance with all ESS and Compass Group operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Assure contract compliance, and ensure staff awareness of ESS' contractual obligations for the project.
- Ensure all health and safety are addressed and resolved promptly.
- If necessary conduct accident investigations complete necessary documentation.
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard.
- Record and/or monitor staff hours of work on a daily basis to ensure compliance with budgets, and provide to payroll weekly.
- Coordinate staffing, scheduling, and crew change as required to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Assist ESS crews as needed to support the project, to include boosting morale of crew.
- Plans cleaning and work schedules.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Manages purchasing with a focus on minimizing dollars invested in physical inventories, operating at budgeted product costs, and avoiding product shortages.
- Ensure good order and maintenance of all structures and equipment.
- Ensure company compliance with all permitting requirements and government regulations.
- Provide management with copies of any site specific procedures that have been developed in performance of duties.
- Directs workers engaged in performing structural, cosmetic, and mechanical repairs, managing fuel depots, and maintaining utility systems for the facilities.
- Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such trash removal, snow removal, removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, electric power, water, waste water, fuel, or air required for operations.
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff and in compliance with contractual and ESS standards
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Perform all duties in the safest possible manner and report all incidents and health & safety concerns
- Assists in preparing department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or minimum 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.