Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Executive Chef
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent will plan, direct, and coordinate the activities which would include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee all food production necessary for all catering requirements for all “Location TBD”and Impressions Catering (Off site), also commissary requirements for products for other retail outlets.
- Manage Retail operation
- Menu development and costing for all catering including custom creative menu development/execution upon request
- This hands-on position requires DIRECT and continuous interaction with customers and clients.
- Directly supervise daily activities of 10 - 15 associates in the Catering/Commissary Food Service Department.
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices involved with the preparation and service of food, and sanitation of facilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable local, provincial, and federal laws. Ensure that proper Health and Safety & WCB program are in place and maintained.
- Oversees in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in adherence to company food standards for presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and OSHA guidelines) and portion control.
- Supervise assigned personnel. Build a strong team of associates through effective hiring, associate cross training, coaching, counseling, job descriptions, planning, and assigning work to all associates. Promote efficiency of operation and excellence in food and service through all associates. Lead by example.
- Excellent communication with fellow management, associates, and client to make sure the flow of business is running smoothly. Attend and participate in food service management team meetings.
- Manage associates by addressing complaints, resolving problems, daily follow up, and appraising their performance. Recognize and reward positive work, and disciplinary action for those not following company standards.
- Financial accountability including timely reporting, and all administrative duties.
- Efficient and accurate financial reporting of the food & Labour costs and other areas such as inventory, production records, payroll/time keeping, knowledge and training of Chartwell’s procedures, etc….
- Maintain the highest standards and customer service levels set by the company and the client.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, or seek clarification, when required for work completion.
- Oversee development of new menu items and or new efficient production methods.
- Maintain acceptable inventory and turnover levels as prescribed by Company.
- Ensure daily waste sheets, temperature logs, as well as all other required audits, records, etc…. are performed as required.
- To follow and complete scheduled assignments for the company as well as programs such as: Chat sessions, Be a Star, etc…
- Anything deemed necessary by your Regional or District Manager
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices involved with the preparation and service of food, as well as sanitation of facilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and are dependable and bondable.
- Self-motivated and creative, have a positive “can-do” attitude, and are not afraid of change.
- Must have prior experience in a high volume operations, High end Hotel Style Catering, Large Group Catering, Custom menu Building & execution.
- Be computer literate (Word and Excel), and have a thorough understanding of basic accounting skills.
- Past experience in a college/university residence dining program would be an asset.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.