Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef - Crescent Private School
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing over 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Location: Toronto, ON
We are currently seeking a Chef
to work at Crescent Private School located in Toronto, Ontario.
This school is an independent private school that provides education to students from Grade 3 to Grade 12. Compass serves over 850 meals per day to over 700 students and 150 faculty staff at this private school.
We also provide regular catering services to their school functions and events. These functions range from coffee services to sandwich lunches to high end dinner events.
This position will report to the Food Service Director at the school. The successful candidate will assist the Food Service Director to supervise 10 associates in the unit. The work shift is from Monday to Friday 7:00am to 2:30pm. You are required to work some weekends and evenings for college functions and events.
- Manage the day to day food production of the kitchen operations and handling all phases of food preparation
- Collaborate with the Food Service Director (FSD) in menu planning and development, unit hiring, employee training, associate supervising, staff scheduling and resolving employee relation issues
- Provide support to the FSD in operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Provide inputs to regular meetings held by the FSD and School Principal/Administrator on our food service programs and ensure the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety ct and WHMIS regulations
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Three years of related culinary management experience in a food service school setting environment
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation and presentation
- Proven management skills
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Hard working team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Red Seal designation or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working in a private school setting
- Related food service management experience in a College, University or similar environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.