Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Health & Safety Coordinator
||The Hurley Group [Custodial & Janitorial]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
: Health and Safety Coordinator (Shell Scotford)
Location: Fort Saskatchewan
Reports to: Health and Safety Manager (Shell Projects)
Overview: Provides supervision and support to the operational team in all aspects of Health and Safety at the Shell Scotford Eurest Services site located in Fort Saskatchewan.
- Deal with problems quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain good client communications at project level.
- Ensure work and safety training of employees.
- Ensure project and staff compliance with all Eurest Services and Compass Group operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Initiate safety inspection, training, and any necessary reports.
- Continually inspect premises, and food service areas, for cleanliness and appearance.
- Assure contract compliance, and ensure staff awareness of Eurest Services contractual obligations for the project
- Conducts incident analysis to identify incident trends;
- Ensures that investigations are conducted and conducting site inspections;
- Acts as a liaison between management and outside agencies;
- Liaison with WCB and claim management group and quick RTW
- Ensure all health and safety and food safety issues are addressed and resolved promptly.
- Conduct accident investigations complete necessary documentation.
- Assures training programs are established and tracked for employees and supervisors;
- Develops technical guidance and programs to identify worksite hazards;
- Ensures corporate compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Monitors health and safety, environment and quality assurance policies, procedures, protocols and legal requirements and assists site management in implementation
- Supports operational "start-up" training/support needs for new units, ongoing training from Food Safety, H&S orientation of new hires in conjunction with HR
- Liaison with client’s Health and Safety dept, governmental agencies
- Ensures due diligence records are maintained incl. audits are conducted
- Monitors and address all Program shortcomings
- Performs all risk management requirements including workers compensation procedures are followed
- Prepares reports including key performance indicators to management and to the client as needed
- Monitors corrective actions determined from audits, inspections, etc.
- Coordinates safety meetings, assists Joint Health & Safety Committee with the committee’s functions
- Central point of contact for units in regards Health and Safety concerns
- Perform other duties as required or directed by Health and Safety Manager – Shell Projects
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard.
- Ensure good order and maintenance of all equipment by immediately reporting any deficiencies to maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and employees in accordance with company and governmental agency standards.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2 or more years direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the following fields: Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Health,
- Valid unrestricted Class 5 Drivers License
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.