Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Category Development Manager (1 year contract)
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Category Development Manager (1 year contract)
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Responsible and accountable for the development of category strategy, execution of category business plans, and the delivery of category purchasing income for the defined category or set of core categories for Foodbuy Canada Committed Customers. Responsible for the establishment of multiple year category strategic direction for respective area of accountability. Must gain an expert understanding of the complexities and unique growth opportunities in each unique business channel and provide added value solutions to multiple channels within the Group Purchasing Organization.
Strategic Categories & Major Categories with a Complex Route to Market as well owns the entire category portfolio as assigned.
- Participate in overall Purchasing Business plan and owns the strategic development of category plans within your area of responsibility and ensures efficient management of other functions, delivering overall business objectives and enhances business performance.
- Remains current on industry trends that could lead to development of new strategic initiatives in providing sustainable growth, sales, and profitability.
- Work with Foodbuy in developing effective sales driven & forward thinking promotional plans inclusive of a merchandising competent, a specific channel focus and vendor participation support
- Participate in strategic sourcing efforts within category as requested/required, exhibit shared leadership focus in support of the 7-Step Process, suggest on-going continuous improvements, ensure teams work in strong collaboration. Encourage cross-functional synergies in driving maximum value to the organization
- Provide both day to day and long term project management of assigned category activities/initiatives for Foodbuy
- For Strategic & Major Category assignments; Identifies product and category growth opportunities and creates plans to support execution with Foodbuy’s Committed Customers.
- Regularly communicates with procurement and distribution to ensure a robust understanding of the marketplace, issues & opportunities so they can continuously update the clients.
- Implement supplier and product rationalization program
- Use formal analysis tools such as cost models and portfolio analysis to manage categories & suppliers
- Lead and conduct quarterly business performance reviews with representatives from key business stakeholders and suppliers
- Tactical negotiations with suppliers
- Project management & implementation of new suppliers’ programs
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post-secondary education diploma or degree in purchasing or related studies
- 5+ years of Purchasing management experience
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Strong analytical abilities and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines efficiently
- Willingness to apply new technologies
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Database management is required
- Formal Strategic and Negotiation skills Training
- Experience in Supply Chain Management would be an asset
- Foodservice background
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.