Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant Manager - Calgary Remand Centre
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Assistant Manager
Location: Calgary Remand Centre, NW Calgary, AB
Overview: This unit prepares 3 meals a day for a total of 15,000 meals per week, is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. This unit has a staff compliment of 23 full time staff, there are 10 - 15 associate per shift.
The Assistant Manager works 40 hours per week and depending on shift rotation will be required to work weekends and holidays. May be required to work overtime and evening shifts based on business needs during the busy season as well as during occasional catering events.
- Reports to and assists the Unit Manager in all operational aspects of the unit such as: operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Meet company and client expectations
- Manage the day to day unit operation in the manager’s absence.
- Handle all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development
Assist with Unit hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- May also require to supervise inmate labour in the kitchen
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Qualifications Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 5 years management experience the food service industry in a high volume kitchen
- Must be able to follow and work within set operational procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Must be able to pass and maintain a clean Criminal Record
- Advance FST Certificate
- Capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Hard working team player
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.