Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Executive Chef (CNRL)
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food service to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Executive Chef
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Overseeing the menu creation, costing, implementation; serving over 5000 people daily, managing the duties and responsibilities of the catering staff in large operations, and nutrition and menu planning for each site.
Will be required to supervise kitchen staff in all units on a daily basis to ensure that all Company policies are followed, quality standards are maintained and that all budgeted figures are met or exceeded on a monthly basis. Fully responsible for managing SMART Program.
- Designs and develops the menus as necessary.
- Develops and monitors all kitchen budgets.
- Responsible to control food, purchasing and inventory costs as budgeted.
- Supervises and supports associates in their daily job responsibilities and ensures their continued growth through ongoing training and development.
- Ensures that the Company’s policies and procedures for hygiene and food safety, quality assurance, human resources and occupational health and safety are applied
- Ensures good relations with the establishment’s management and customers while ensuring their complete satisfaction.
- Maintains superior product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action when required.
- Inspects kitchen equipment and appliances for needed repairs or maintenance and follows up to ensure that all required maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Red Seal Certificate.
- Must have a High School Degree, plus an associated food culinary certificate, diploma or degree or food services management training.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Unionized environment experience.
- Financial management and budgeting experience.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of food and cooking techniques.
- Good managerial skills.
- Basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be creative and strive to provide good customer service and constantly seek to excel in what you do.
- Must be professional, reliable and able to maintain high standards.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.