Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Food Service Manager, Retail
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Food Service Manager, Retail (FSM)
Location: Woodstock, ON
- We are looking for a Food Services Manager, Retail who will manage our retail food services operations at the new Woodstock (General) Hospital.
With a Can-Do attitude and Passion for Excellence the Food Services Manager (FSM) is involved in all operational phases of food service and production, planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting in addition to:
- The FSM oversees the retail units which includes popular QSR brands such as On the Go and Tim Horton’s and adherence to the program. The operation runs 7 days per week.
- Supervise 8 to 10 full-time and part-time associates
- Implementation of retail and marketing programs in your respective areas such as the Cafeteria, Catering services and Branded Concepts program.
- Menu planning, catering, staffing, scheduling, and production of a commissary style operation.
- Ensure strong client relationships and satisfactions are built and maintained
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Directing and supervising the duties of the Retail Food Service Supervisors.
Core working hours are Monday to Friday with additional hours required as necessary.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- a Great Attitude!
- Retail Food Service/QSR management experience
- Financial management experience including ability to control product and labour costs
- Retail experience and marketing knowledge - Brand standards, Quality assurance etc.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with a proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Superior client relationship and customer service skills
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- A strong motivator, mentor, leader and team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid proficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of POS systems
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Previous management experience with Tim Horton's system
- Post secondary education (Degree of Diploma) in culinary or hospitality management
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) - will complete AFST within 90 days of hire.
- Experience managing in a labour environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.