Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are currently seeking an Chef to oversee the day-to-day operations of the culinary team. You are responsible for the kitchen operations including all phases of food preparation for daily meals, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
In addition, you will handle all catering requests and are accountable for staffing, scheduling, training and performing general administrative duties in consultation with the unit manager. You will ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide. The successful candidate will make certain that the operations are in strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHIMS regulations.
- Oversee the kitchen operations in this unit and responsible for the financial success of the busy kitchen operations
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, development and cost controls
- Carry out food purchases and maintain proper inventory levels
- In consultation with the unit manager, be responsible for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of 2+ years related food service management experience preferable in a College or University environment
- Post secondary education in culinary or related studies
- Red Seal designation, or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to food service operations
- Experience in managing within a unionized labour environment
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with international cuisine is an asset
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.