Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef, Maple Leaf Lounge @ YYZ
||Leisure [Museums & Cultural Venues]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues in world-renowned museums in cities such as Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton, Canada. We also cater to the unique sports and entertainment niche, operating in arenas servicing junior hockey across Canada, as well as other sporting facilities and auditoriums. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events. This diverse and dynamic sector is also proud to manage special events for the PGA and LPGA.
Location: Toronto, ON
Great Chef opportunity! We are currently seeking a talented, hands-on culinarian to oversee the food production and culinary activities for the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge at Toronto Pearson airport.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef oversees the day to day operations of the kitchen and all matters relating to the preparation and creative execution of food as per established compliance standards. In addition the Chef,
- Plans and directs food preparation and cooking duties of all food preparation associates
- Assists as required with the preparation of food products including both hot and cold menu features (e.g. soup, salads, sandwiches and pasta sauces to name a few)
- Provides high quality food and ensures consistency in the preparation and presentation
- Responsible for controlling waste and spoilage
- Responsible for culinary auditing, temperature checking and HACCP audits on an regular basis
- Mentors junior team members by providing culinary leadership
- Motivates and involve the culinary team with new menu ideas both locally and regionally
- Assists with scheduling and hiring of culinary staff
- Assists with food and labor costing
- Ensure kitchen/ work stations are properly organized and clean
- Reports any faulty equipment to the General Manager Demonstrates new equipment as required
- Assists with recipe/ menu planning and provides innovation both locally and regionally
- Participates in all kitchen meetings
- Conducts Kevlar glove training with staff
- Holds shift briefings daily Assist with weekly inventory
- Assists with team meetings
- Ensures adherence to Compass Group Canada Policies and Procedures
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
A Great Attitude!
2+ years’ experience in culinary field Completion of Culinary program or Red Seal or working towards these Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills
Job task planning and organizing
Strong understanding of inventory and ordering procedures with ability to manage cost controls.
Strong understanding of food trends with focus sustainability and health & wellness
Demonstrated passion for Quality standards, Health & Safety, etc.
* This role requires flexible availability as the lounge operates from 4:30am to midnight.
- Red Seal culinary certificate
- Some baking experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.