Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Greater Toronto Area
||Food Service Director
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Food Service Director
Location: GTA, ON
- As a Food Service Director you will be responsible to successfully run the food services operations
- In this role you will be involved in all phases of the operation, planning, expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting
- You will be accountable for marketing, staffing, scheduling, and presenting fresh/creative ideas to management and the team to help improve operation and service
- Involved in catering; make sure everything goes smoothly for all parties involve, especially client
- Build and maintain client relationships. Meet with the client on a monthly and quarterly basis; make sure they are satisfied with everything
- Always provide top quality customer service to clients and to all internal and external contacts
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- You will coordinate frequent workplace inspections, Hazard Identification and reporting, Monitor Quality Standards, conduct and/or monitor associate training
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef in food production and menu planning
- Be a strong and hands-on leader; mentor & motivate the team
- Perform other duties as required
- 3+ years Food Service Management experience (contract food management is an asset)
- Must have great food knowledge and retail experience
- Financial management skills including ability to control food and labour costs
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player capable of thinking on your feet as well as multi-tasking
- Superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with high end clientele
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and decision making skills
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus notes
- Standards of Excellence – Ensure high standards for both food and customer service
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.