Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Nova Scotia [NS]
||Production Supervisor / Retail Food Services
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Production Supervisor (Retail Food Service)
Location: Halifax, NS
- We are looking for a dynamic and results-oriented Production Supervisor to join our retail food service operations at the Halifax Infirmary with the Capital Health District Authority in downtown Halifax.
- Our Supervisor helps ensure that we provide the best experience for our guests through a superior customer service experience in the servery (front of house) and by ensuring quality and consistent production.
The Supervisor is responsible for supervising daily front of house operations and kitchen production for multiple food service units that offer popular brands and programs such as Tim Horton's and others.
- Ensures the menu planning, use of standardized recipes, and waste and production sheets are in place
- Monitors and evaluates meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity
- Retail marketing and branding, staffing, scheduling, ordering, inventories, etc.
- Ensure responsible financial performance through cost control, promotions and results-oriented management
- Promote strong client relationships and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring all quality controls are met for all products and services
- Maintain strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- Supervise approx. up to 25 associates.
This position is primarily weekdays, and does require rotating weekend shifts.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great attitude!
- Red Seal culinary certificate
- Minimum 2+ years supervisory experience in professional food production environment
- Solid management experience working with branded retail food service concepts (ie. Tim Horton’s etc.)
- Basic financial management skills including ability to control/minimize costs (food & labour)
- Retail food marketing & merchandising experience
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Solid team player with a passion for customer service excellence
- Strong supervisory skills and with proven ability to motivate, lead and coach staff in a unionized environment
- Superior client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (rotational weekend work may be required)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.