Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Support Services Supervisor
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
The Marquise Group Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Position: Support Services Supervisor
Location: Victoria, BC
Reports to: Manager of Support Services
Overview: We have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Support Service (Food Services and Housekeeping) Supervisor to join our Marquise Hospitality Services division on Vancouver Island. The Hospitality division provides integrated support services including dining, laundry, maintenance and housekeeping services to Healthcare facilities across Western Canada.
- Scheduling of staff for Housekeeping and Food Service Departments
- Have the knowledge and ability to cover work on occasion of staff shortages and provide assistance for staff when need arises
- Completing payroll functions for Housekeeping and Food Service Department
- Understand and implement HACCP and housekeeping cleaning standards.
- Understand and implement Housekeeping procedures and protocols
- Orientation and training of new staff
- Performance management of employees
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety is practiced in the workplace
- Oversee and provide support for staff in the Housekeeping Food Service Department
- Knowledge of Diet Office computer programs such as Cbord preferred.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Graduation from an approved two year program in Food Service Management / Technology or related discipline
- BC Food Safe certification, level 1 and 2
- Strong knowledge and understanding of WHMIS and MSDS
- At least 1 year of recent related experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Diet office order entry software e.g. Computrition, Cbord and Excel and Word
- Positive energetic personality.
- Active member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.