Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Facilities Coordinator - Administrative
||Eurest Services [Facilities Management]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
Position: Facilities Coordinator (Administrative)
Location: Markham, Ontario
Reports to: VP of Operations
Days/Hours of work: Monday to Friday (7:00am to 5:00pm) approximately
Overview: Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of assigned responsibilities at one site.
- Performs Reception functions including the answering of the switchboard and routing of calls, greeting and logging of visitors, parking services/programs, and scheduling and reporting of demo and conference room usage.
- Maintains demo, conference and customer areas in a neat, professional and fully functional manner.
- Assists with meetings and conferences including setup/teardown of furniture, audio/visual equipment assistance, and general support and cleanup.
- Performs daily mail activities including the shipping, receiving and delivery of letters and packages, inspection for suspicious/hazardous packages, and maintaining postage meter supplies.
- Performs security responsibilities in the areas of issuing and monitoring visitor/guest/vendor security access badges, informing the Facility Coordinator of security access badge issues and requests for new and replacement badges, informing the Facility Coordinator and appropriate emergency response agencies on the existence of suspicious/hazardous packages, and assists with the enforcement of security policies and protocols.
- Upon notification, makes initial requests with vendors, contractors, suppliers and landlord's representative for the maintenance and repair of office space, furniture and office equipment.
- Per department procedures, coordinates food and beverage services including the restocking of customer area pantries, free lunch/lunch voucher programs, and catering requests.
- Maintain adequate stock of office supplies.
- Responsible for site Facilities tasks, requests and issues, and is a main point of contact for employees, visitors, vendors, contractors, and the landlord's representatives.
- Oversee site and building/office maintenance tasks, insuring a high standard of office appearance is maintained in the areas of building systems, furniture, janitorial, interior plants, artwork, and interior finishes such as carpets, walls and ceilings. When services and repairs requiring additional funds are needed, sends requests to GFM for approval.
- Work closely with and oversee vendors, contractors and landlord representatives in the proper completion of maintenance and repair requests on building systems, furniture, and office equipment.
- Provide vendor performance updates to GFM, coordinating with GFM to correct performance issues.
- Perform frequent facility inspections including documenting findings and tracking issues through resolution.
- Coordinate employee services including food and beverage programs, lunch and pantry programs, catering, parking services and public transit.
- Perform site security responsibilities including observing and reporting violations of security procedures and policies to GFM. When security issues arise, escalate to GFM and Security. Assist Security with the maintenance and repair of security equipment.
- May be on-call for after-hour site emergencies; available for after hour scheduled maintenance and repair of various equipment and systems.
- Coordinate workspace assignments and move requests, once approved by GFM.
- Track and report workspace assignments, and track and report on workspace and conference room usage.
Budgets and Purchasing
- When the need to renew existing, or initiate new, vendor service contracts arise, work with GFM to develop scope of work and service requirements, and provide input on vendor selection.
- Upon direction and approval from GFM, create and track vendor/contractor shopping carts/POs/BPOs.
- Review invoices for accuracy, then properly code and submit for payment to GFM for signature and processing.
Health and Safety/Crisis Management
- May perform the responsibilities of the Site Safety Coordinator as outlined in the 12P2.
- May maintain the emergency and evacuation programs including Emergency Response
- Teams and related supplies; requesting approval on site program improvements and possible expenses from GFM.
- In the event of a site crisis, assist GFM's Site Crisis Management Member.
- Participate and assist with construction and furniture projects, as directed by GFM.
- Assist with the rollout of GFM initiatives, projects, procedures and processes as directed by GFM.
Communications & Processes
- Send site communications concerning daily operations and GFM procedures, as approved by GFM.
- Act as a liaison to site LoBs, vendors, contractors and landlord representatives on specific requests and projects. Interactions involve matters of importance where maintaining effective working relationships are a prime concern to company and department objectives.
- Understand GFM policies and processes, and serve as an interface within the organization on topics that relate to GFM responsibilities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Depending on the site, additional duties and responsibilities may include:
- With GFM support, oversee a variety of assignments and building systems that are complex in nature where system/device analysis is needed including cause and effect evaluation with root cause factors.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of (3) years of front line customer service experience plus overseeing the maintenance and repair of building systems and office equipment OR an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knows when to take precautionary measures to insure the safety of building infrastructure systems, property, employees, him/herself, and the protection of business interests.
- Able to oversee department vendors and contractors.
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel, visitors and vendors/contractors.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions in English, and have the ability to make recommendations within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Escalates requests and issues that are outside of GFM policies and standards to GFM for guidance and resolution.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work on own and in a team environment.
- Contribute to improving department processes and procedures.
- Able to adjust work schedule including working overtime, and on weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Insure/Maintain strict confidentiality of all confidential information.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.