||General Manager, Operational Support Services
||The Hurley Group [Custodial & Janitorial]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
Position: General Manager, Operational Support Services
Location: Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ)
Reports to : Vice President, Airport Operations
Supervises: OSR Managers, OSR Supervisors, Customer Service Reps
Interfaces with: Client and all Airport employees, Customer Service Agents, All YYZ Stakeholders including, but not limited to: Security, Garda, Peel Police, USCBP, CBSA, GTAA employees, and all Airlines.
Overview: The General Manager is responsible for the operations, staffing and performance of the OSR Contracted Services. This position will proactively coordinate the resources commonly involved with the “day of” operation of the airport and coordinate processes relative to transaction complexity and routine services. They will work with Airport Operations and all stakeholders during routine operations and incidents to ensure a smooth and enjoyable airport experience for airport guests, travelers and tenants.
Their main focus is to ensure the job function roles are adhered to by all staff, including management and supervision of the staff and its related process. The GM will be the senior member of the Leadership team and directly responsible for the people resource functions. The GM will demonstrate leadership and a professional image to all passengers, employees, stakeholders and governing agencies while maintaining company standards for passenger satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and quality assurance and safety. This position will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to demonstrate their customer service skills and administrative skills, allowing for growth opportunities.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities and staffing to ensure exceptional passenger/guest service is achieved
- Take responsibility for recruitment, interviewing, selection, hiring and promotion of staff
- Resolve staff concerns in conjunction with Human Resources
- Participate and champion training requirements with the Leadership Team as outline in YYZ scope of services as a co-facilitator
- Supervise and direct staff to ensure service standards are met, including job duty functions are adhered to
- Ensure staff receive feedback and coaching, including annual job performance evaluations
- Oversees staff discipline as required
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities
- Maintains excellent collaborative working relationships with colleagues and related agencies
- Lead and conduct staff meetings including daily pre-shift meetings to ensure daily events are planned for
- Prepares correspondence, presentations and reports as required
- Effective communication with all stakeholders and staff
- Terminal facilitation to include management of processes, assist Duty Concierge and assign resources as needed
- Schedule events, programs and activities
- Covers Concierge on Duty, Arrivals Supervisors, SIAPC Supervisors and Floor Supervisor shifts as required
- Other duties as required
- Set an example for associates to follow by incorporating safe work practices in all aspects of their activities and abiding by the Clients & Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Attend all required health & safety training
- Reports and corrects any safety concerns and advises employees of potential/unsafe conditions or hazards
- Complies and enforces the H&S regulations, the OHSA and company policies/procedures in a consistent manner.
- Ensures necessary training for employees on the hazards of their jobs using the Safe Work Practices and Task Hazard Assessments.
- Ensure/provide training for the operation of equipment at their location.
- Ensures incidents/injuries/near misses are t Investigated to determine root cause and implement any corrective actions.
- Assists injured workers to the fullest extent to ensures participation in the early and safe return to work process as per our RTW policy
- Assuring that safety devices and PPE are available and properly utilized.
- Reviews Inspection reports, JHSC minutes and provides corrective actions on any known deficiencies.
- Conducts quarterly safety audits
- Ensure safety meetings with all staff occur minimally once a month.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Grade 12 high school diploma
- Five (5) years management experience
- Canadian Citizen or landed Immigrant Status
- Eligible for a Transport Canada Security Clearance, RAIC
- Holds a certificate in a recognized Customer Service Training
- Must be an active team player, highly organized and results oriented to manage multiple functions
- Superior customer service instinct while maintaining a professional manner
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, be self motivated and resourceful
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed
- Solid contributor with excellent initiative, judgment and sense of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people professionally
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language; Additional languages spoken would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Word and Excel
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays as required
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.