Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Regional Vice President, Morrison (Acute & Retail)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Regional Vice President, Morrison (Acute & Retail)
Location: Mississauga, ON
We are looking for a Regional Vice President with our healthcare sector, Morrison.
The RVP actively manages current and future client relationships in multiple acute-care/patient and retail food service operations throughout Ontario.
This role requires a passionate and results-oriented healthcare food service professional with a demonstrated record of success and excellent teamwork.
Successful candidates will be forward thinkers who stay abreast of healthcare food service industry trends (Acute & Retail) to meet and anticipate the future needs of our clients.
The RVP drives overall profitability and effective management for all regional accounts. This dynamic leader will maximize revenue growth, and will promote, monitor and ensure company performance standards are achieved.
With a Can Do attitude and a Passion for Excellence, the RVP:
Develops and manages an effective network of client contacts, and focusses on maintaining excellent client relationships and superior levels of customer satisfaction that support account retention.
Works with high profile national brands to maximize retail sales opportunities.
- Maximizes revenue growth and minimizes cost factors.
- Provides specific, meaningful feedback to management team re: financial performance and opportunities for improvement
Is accountable for the overall service planning framework, including changes in facilities, systems and staffing requirements
Provides coaching and mentoring to the management team and conducts effective annual performance evaluations.
Attracts, develops and retains associates; develops succession planning and provides a safe and supportive work environment.
Sets standards and communicates goals, expectations and objectives to Operations and internal partners.
Enhances service coordination and builds internal relationships.
Resolves issues with client contacts and clinical service representatives promptly and professionally.
Oversees labour relations process for unionized accounts; interacts effectively with labour representatives and HR representatives during contract negotiations and administers fair policies and procedures.
Ensures all units maintain strict compliance with the Compass QA (Quality Assurance) and H&S (Health and Safety) program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
The RVP reports directly to the President of the Compass Healthcare sector, and works with several GMs, DMs and FSDs within the region. As a regional position, this role requires 60-70% travel within Ontario.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in the Food Service and Hospitality industry
- Significant experience in progressive management and leadership with healthcare food services, preferably involved in acute care, complex, multi-site facilities with acute and extended care patients.
- Proven performance in fiscal/financial management of departmental budgets, contracts and project costs.
- Experience with branded retail food operations
- Strong track record with positive client relations
- Strong labour relations experience in a unionized setting
- Adept in the latest hospital food service trends, specifically ‘alternative meal delivery’ systems.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically/conceptually and to achieve collaborative results across departments and disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, work with, and develop direct reports and front-line staff during times of change and shifting priorities
- Self-starter, critical thinker and problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), dietary/nutrition and related systems - (CBORD, Computrition etc.)
- Able to travel 60-70%
- Registered Dietitian with experience in Food Service Administration
- Member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Bachelor or advanced degree from a recognized university in Nutrition and Applied Sciences or Healthcare Food Service Administration
- Advanced Food Safety Training, Health & Safety
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.