Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Chef/Production Manager
Location: North Bay, ON
- We are currently seeking a Chef/Production Manager
- The successful candidate will oversee our production kitchen on campus including production for all outlets on campus, catering and special event development and production
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, this individual will be responsible for continuously developing and maintaining the food service operations and production process, in conjunction with the ongoing menu development and enhancement
- Responsible for training and scheduling associates on an ongoing basis
- Direct and supervise 50 to 60 unionized associates
- Ensure that day to day operations are well planned, organized, supervised and presented according to the Compass policies and procedures
- Oversee all phases of large quantity food production including preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and inventory control will fall under your realm of responsibilities
- Ensures that operations are in strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHIMS regulations
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2+ years related management/supervisor experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates in a unionized environment
- Hard working team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work as required)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.