Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Responsible for the efficient operation of the project, contract compliance, compliance with corporate polices and procedures, compliance with governmental rules and regulations, and client, partner, and government liaison at the camp level. Insure the safety of residents, personnel, and corporate and client assets.
- Maintain a clean, neat appearance.
- Deal with problems quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain good client communications at project level.
- Manages the camp in compliance with established company policies and procedures, and in conjunction with the Project Manager/Regional Director’s guidance.
- Ensure work and safety training of employees.
- Ensure project and staff compliance with all EUREST SERVICES and Compass Group operating policies and procedures.
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations.
- Performs operational audits of units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance, operational productivity, and to ensure conformance with government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation, and record keeping.
- Evaluates food for taste, temperature, appearance and portion size.
- Investigates complaints regarding unit operation and effects satisfactory solutions.
- Monitors and ensures development of realistic and accurate forecasts at the unit level and develops realistic and accurate forecasts.
- Ensures that each unit's financial performance meets or exceeds EUREST SERVICES and client forecasts.
- Makes proper use of customer attitude/food preference surveys. Attend appropriate food service committee meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company polices and procedures.
- Initiate safety inspection, training, and any necessary reports.
- Continually Inspect premises, and food service areas, for cleanliness and appearance.
- Assure contract compliance, and ensure staff awareness of EUREST SERVICES’ contractual obligations for the project.
- Confirm weekly paperwork packets prepared accurately and timely in accordance with operations manual, client, and corporate requests.
- Oversee ordering and receipt of supplies, and follow up communications as necessary for credits, etc.
- Ensure that sales leads originating on site are communicated back to Regional Director or RVP.
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard.
- Ensure good order and maintenance of all equipment by immediately reporting malfunction to maintenance.
- Record and/or monitor staff hours of work on a daily basis to ensure compliance with budgets, and provide to payroll weekly.
- Coordinate staffing, scheduling, and crew change.
- Carefully inspect food serving line and area with Head Cook/Chef prior to meal opening for quality, appearance, sanitation, etc.
- Assist EUREST SERVICES crews as needed to support the project, to include boosting morale of crew.
- Monitor security/first aid staff for contract conformance.
- Manage subcontractors, working with EUREST SERVICES management to draft contract agreements, and ensuring compliance with the agreement.
- Monitor governmental permits, and ensure company compliance with all permitting requirements and government regulations.
- Negotiate change-orders with client as requests are made for services outside the EUREST SERVICES contract Scope of Work.
- Track and prepare billing as requested, including required supporting documentation.
- Oversee and/or prepare client billings, as requested. Follow-up on collections as required.
- Participates actively in the sales process; conducts client negotiations and coordinates documentation of contract changes.
- All other duties as requested.
- Manages subordinate managers and supervisors who supervise employees in the kitchen, housekeeping, janitorial, laundry, maintenance, medical, and security departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
- A mininum of five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.