Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant Manager, Retail Food Services
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Assistant Manager, Retail Food Services
Location: Toronto, ON – George Brown College (St. James Campus)
- The Assistant Manager works with the Manager and the Team to successfully manage over $2M in retail food service operations
- This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for overseeing retail units with approximately 25 associates.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Assistant Manager:
- Helps the Manager oversee the retail units which may include a variety of internal and external brands.
- You are required to develop and monitor a meal and break schedule for the staff that does not interfere with customer service.
- Responsible for training, developing and leading a team of associates capable of providing great customer service.
- You are accountable for the monitoring and organization of catering orders with weekly invoicing.
- Administrative duties include: cash register readings, orbit, inventory, banking, ordering and the administration of the “Be a Star Program.
- Accountable for client and customer relationship building.
- Ensures strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- The operation runs 6 days per week. It is expected that administration duties be accomplished accurately and timely. All managers are expected to be on the floor monitoring customer service between the hours of 11am and 12:30pm
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Solid supervisory experience working with branded retail food service concepts ie. Tim Horton’s, Pizza Pizza, etc.
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control and minimize costs (food & labour)
- Retail food marketing & merchandising experience
- Passion for Customer Service excellence
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid team player with an emphasis on customer-service
- Strong supervisory skills and with proven ability to motivate, lead and coach staff
- Superior client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including evenings and weekends)
- Previous experience managing in a unionized environment
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) or will complete AFST within 90 days of hire
- Basic, hands-on culinary/food production experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.