Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Crothall delivers facilities management and engineering, asset energy management, housekeeping, laundry and linen, call centre support and patient transportation. Crothall’s client base includes over 800 hospitals across Canada and the U.S.
Position: Housekeeping Supervisor
Days and Hours of Work: (3pm to 11pm weekdays) & (11am to 8:30pm shift on Sat & Sun)
Location: Lower Mainland
Overview: The mandate of the Supervisor is to successfully coordinate and support all relevant activities of the Housekeeping and Linen Services Department with a special emphasis on Infection Control and Occupational Health & Safety. The supervisor is required to have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of facility staff in matters relating to the cleanliness and housekeeping operations of the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of quality and cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Provide daily supervision of staff and areas such as but not limited to patient care areas, operating rooms, residential areas, psychiatric areas, clinics, public areas, office areas and critical care areas by planning and coordinating work to ensure that proper frequencies are maintained.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff demonstrated through strong organizational skills, and proven ability to coach, train, motivate, schedule, instruct, direct and monitor same.
- Conducts day to day housekeeping business in a professional manner, respecting opinions of staff, listen to concerns, respond accordingly and treat staff, visitors and patients with respect and courtesy.
- Performs daily rounds initiating contact with clients, staff, patients etc. Performs staff and patient satisfaction surveys.
- Ensures compliance of Compass and Crothall policies and procedures by meeting and communicating regularly with staff to ensure awareness
- Assigns personnel to established work areas or project duties. Distributes appropriate project documentation, record or task sheet.
- Provides hands-on support when short staffed or during times of infectious outbreaks on units where additional precautions may be required.
- Participates in staff selection process by interviewing candidates as needed, and ensuring that staff receives proper orientation, initial training, and ongoing education.
- Performs annual performance appraisals for staff in assigned area.
- Resolves any other operational problems arising during the shift through discussions with other supervisors and direction from Housekeeping Manager.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- High school diploma required. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- One to two years as a housekeeping supervisor in a healthcare or hotel environment.
- Working knowledge of all housekeeping practices and procedures with a strong emphasis on Infection Control, Standard Precautions and Health & Safety.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format through documentation and reports as well as good verbal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills.
- Ability to function appropriate under stressful conditions. Good stress management skills required.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
- Excellent computer skills using email, excel, power point
- One to two years as a housekeeping supervisor in a unionized environment.
- Payroll experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.