Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Senior Patient Food Service Operation Manager
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Senior Patient Food Service Operation Manager
Location: VIHA (Vancouver Island Health Authority) Victoria, British Columbia
Royal Jubilee Hospital and Victoria General Hospital locations
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Patient Food Service Operation Managerwho will lead patient food services at Morrison Food Service operations at Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, BC. The Patient Food Services department employs over 100 unionized associates and provides 2200 meals daily.
To learn more about our innovative Steamplicity model for Morrison Food Service at VIHA, link to:
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, this individual will ensure that superior quality and variety of food are delivered with excellent customer service.
- The OM has responsibility for all aspects of the patient food services operations, including purchasing, production, assembly, distribution, and sanitation.
- The incumbent will plan, organize, direct and oversee the activities of the two hospitals, establishing and maintaining standards of quality of services.
- She/he will control personnel, food and equipment costs and will delegate responsibilities and duties to others in the department.
- The successful candidate will be lead in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, financial reports, ordering, budgeting, costing, sales reporting and customer and client relationships.
- You will participate in labour relation issues.
- You will assess, implement, monitor and continually improve training and education tools for staff and ensure employee training, implementation and management of the performance improvement program.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for management of patient food services delivery using the Steamplicity Food Service model ensuring Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation and distribution process.
- You will ensure the department is in compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- The OM will report to the Director of Food Services and will be a direct liaison with the unit level operations at both hospitals.
- You will be responsible for contract compliance and reporting.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of 2 years in an intermediate food service management role in a Healthcare environment
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong supervisory, leadership and coaching skills, excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in supervision, leadership and coaching
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Eligible for Membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management
- Experience with CBORD or equivalent
- Graduate from a recognized food and nutrition management program or Bachelor in Dietetics
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.