Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Head Chef
Location: Markham, ON
- We are actively searching for Head Chef candidates for our business account in the Markham area
- This individual reports to and works with our Food Service Director and is responsible for the overall kitchen operations
- This is a fantastic opportunity to step into a culinary management role with real potential for career growth ample room for further growth and continued development
- Involved in all phases of food preparation,menu planning and development, maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure positive client relationships are maintained and client satisfaction with service and menu options
- Working in a large open concept kitchen
- Creativity with menus, knowledge of the newest culinary trends
- Follow all H & S policies Oversee staff in their stations and maintain cleanliness of all stations and kitchen areas
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to manager and head office
- Perform other duties as required
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3+ years Head Chef experience
- Red Seal chef or equivalent experience (an asset)
- Proven experience in food service supervision/management
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to menus and food service operations
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- A motivator, coach, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be computer savy!! Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- A great attitude!
- Red Seal certificate
- Advanced Food Safety Training
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.