Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant General Manager
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Assistant General Manager
Location: Olds, Alberta - Olds College
- As the Assistant General Manager, you will be responsible for successfully running the food services operations at Olds College in Olds, Alberta.
- This position will report to the General Manager.
- Responsible for the management oversight of food service to include, Frank Grisdale residence dining hall, Roasters Cafe , Olds College coffee house and a concession at Ralph Klein Centre
- Provide direction and focus on all catering and special functions
- Involved in all phases of the operation, planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting
- Accountable for staffing, scheduling, and client relationship building
- Financial management (P&L) skills including ability to control product and labour costs
- Manage multiple projects
- Negotiate with all stakeholder groups; work with all levels of professionals
- Perform other duties as requested
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2+ years Food Service Management experience
- Contract food services experience or hotel/restaurant experience
- Financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player capable of thinking on your feet
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with high end clientele
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and decision making skills
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Great computer skills
- Standards of Excellence – Ensure high standards for both food and customer service
- Culinary background.
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.