Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Events Catering Coordinator (Junior)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Event Catering Coordinator (Junior)
Location: Toronto, ON (Gourmet Cuisine Division)
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Events Catering Coordinator for our catering division: Gourmet Cuisine. This position will report to the Food Service Director and will supervise 1-5 associates. Core working hours are Monday to Friday from 7 A.M. to 3 P.M. with occasional evenings and weekends for catering.
- All phases of operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- You will be accountable for marketing, staffing, and scheduling.
- Liaison between client and catering company; give quotes
- Coordinate event specification
- In addition, you will also ensure strong client relationships and satisfactions are maintained.
- You will collaborate with the Chef for food production and menu planning.
- You will ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- You will coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
(please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2+ years administrative support experience
- Experience in coordinating events and catering
- Strong culinary experience a definite asset
- Strong computer skills (database management & Microsoft Office)
- Post Graduate certificate or diploma in related field
- Financial management skills; experience with Accounts Receivable is an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work is required)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.